Friday, February 5, 2010

Easing The Misery Of A Cold With Erbaviva


I am sick; everyone I know is sick, and we are all miserable!!!

This is such a hard time of year when it comes to colds and the flu. Personally I slept only a couple hours last night and am surrounded by tissues as I type this. Aside from the cathartic feel-better release that comes with moaning when sick, what else can you do to feel better? This question has been on my mind all day so I thought I would share my insights. I pulled out my Erbaviva arsenal, and here is what I found:

Number one has to be the Sniffles Chest Balm. This is such an amazing product with breathe-easing eucalyptus, grapefruit, and calming calendula. It's wonderful to rub on your chest or a little under your nose - I started to feel better right away. For an added enhancement, put some on your chest and then go take a hot shower - let the essential oils surround you as they rise with the steam. Amazing!

If you like how the chest balm works, try our Sniffles Bath Essence. Put a few drops in a hot bath and you will have a feel-better aromatherapy experience.

Breathe Room Spray. Want to be surrounded by the fresh and healthy scents of spruce, eucalyptus, and cedar? When you are feeling sick, nothing smells better and these particular essential oils are strong enough that you can really smell them - even through a stuffed-up, clogged nose. They are wonderful to spray around your desk, even spray on your hair or body (just not the face). Spray away and then take a long cleansing breath.

If you find the room spray is helping, try out Breathe Salts, Lotions, Washes, and Body Oil.

Eucalyptus Essential Oil. I am desperate to breath, I admit it! It might not work for everyone, but eucalyptus clears my sinuses like nothing else. In one of my more desperate moments today, I grabbed a bottle of 100% pure organic Eucalyptus oil and just held it under my nose, after a couple sniffs, I was feeling much better. You can also dab a couple drops on a small washcloth and hold that up to your nose.

These are just a couple of the ideas I have tried today and I must say they have helped. If you are feeling sick and want to share some tips, please feel free to do so - I would love to hear your comments!

1 comment:

Dumb Mom said...

Always looking for new things to try w/my perpetually-snotty-nosed baby. He's cute as a button, but can't stay away from the sniffles. Will have to look into this more! Thanks for sharing:)